RCMS/RC 14001 – Responsible Care Management System
Having an RC14001/RCMS management systems, as required for ACC – American Chemistry Council member companies, can help your organization significantly enhance performance, discover new business opportunities, and improve employee safety as well as the health of the communities in which it operates, and safeguard the environment as a whole, which in turn moves us toward a safer, more sustainable future.
To achieve these goals and be a good steward of the environment an organization will need to:
- Establish safety protocols that meet the guidelines required by the American Chemistry Council.
- Lead by example, showcase how ethical standards are part of the company’s culture on all levels from upper management to the blue collar worker.
- Instill a culture of safety in workers, distributors, and other stakeholders.
- Design or retain facilitators to educate about health and safety, risk management, environmental safety.
- Establish a manual for all phases of production and allow team leaders from each area to share his or her view on how to improve workflow; which should in turn minimize wastage, reduce consumption and improve the bottom line.
- Operate facilities in a way that demonstrates that your organization is a good steward of resources not only for current usage for a long-term sustainable future.
- Objectively analyze, and make adjustments where necessary, the acquisition, production, and distribution of products and services to ensure they are meeting your company’s safety and environmental protection guidelines.
- Keep up to date with wide-range industry standards (health, safety, environment, energy consumption) and how they can be adapted to ensure a safer, productive workplace.
- Create a plan that details steps to ensure that there are no accidents, injuries, or other harm to resources (human, environment, and infrastructure).
- In safeguarding the environment, create processes that would prohibit pollution, minimize waste and conserve resources.
- To collaborate to develop effective safety, health, environmental laws, rules, and regulations.
Ensure that reports are submitted to government agencies and that any infractions are handled in a timely manner.